[LRflex] "I never wanted to be famous"

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MUG Users <MUGers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LRF <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, PAW Picture-A-Week project <paw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:01:43 -0700

"I never wanted to be famous"

Photographs of children in the hospital.

is now available... at,
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/186890

"I never wanted to be famous" quotes the little girl shown in the cover image, a statement made by her, just as the photo was made years ago.

I took most of these photographs using Leica cameras and lenses, on film
during a project that has lasted ten years...

A book preview (pdf) is available at the site.

I deeply thank photographers, physicians, nurses, friends, and Dominique, who helped me so much over the years.

My gratitude to Ted Grant and Sandy Carter, who were always there for me.

Ted Grant graciously wrote the Preface to my book.

Steve Barbour