[LRflex] Re: Hi Capa Card for the Digilux3

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:15:48 +0200

Hello Philippe,

Lucky Man! Barcelona is really a neat place to go when the temperature fall
down, a mere 5 deg in Paris. I dare not to think what's left in Metz, below
zero perhaps ;)

Back to the SDHC: It shows 350 at the clock, JPEG+RAW, on the Digilux. Not
absolutely sure the camera would take it, I tried the card in the shop.

In the Old Days, it was about 9 rolls of Provia :)

The 2Gb showed a constant 89, by comparison. The 8Gb stores less than 4 times
2Gb, it is normal, the FAT (File Access Table) is larger, 32 bits entries
against the 16 bits entries for the smaller card.

It pushes us back in the old days of the Windows 3.1, the intel 80286 which had
the 16 bits entries FAT for the hard disk, the old days of 1990, 20 years
ago....

The SDHC Transcend is very quick during the write cycles. For my type of use,
its quality is enough.

Bring back some Sun!
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.