[LRflex] Help!

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 04:03:57 -0700

Good Morning, all!

As many of you know, I sell many of my prints at craft fairs.

To be honest, until now I've used Fuji prints from an area drug store, and
they've been consistently excellent.  Their price has been at the higher end of
the consumer level, and both I and my customers have been pleased.

They've recently replaced the Fuji machine with a "dry", Noritsu.  The quality
of their prints does not match those from Rose's $49 Kodak inkjet printer! They
suffer far too much contrast, and the darker areas block up, with a total lack
of detail.

I'd buy a printer and do it myself, except that I often print 80-100 copies of
a single image, and I don't want to be tied to the machine!  Besides, I prefer
the permanence of a chemical print.

I'm looking for a lab that can do decent quality, at a reasonable price, in
quantity... for I often purchase 2 to 3 hundred prints at a time.

Suggested labs will need to be in Canada or the USA, as I can bring prints in
from the US without duty.  Can't say the same for labs outside North America.

Can anyone here recommend a lab, with consistently good quality, that will do
work by internet/mail?

Many thanks!

David.

--