[LRflex] Re: Hello, everybody

  • From: "Marc Dufour" <foto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:04:20 +0200

Hello Flavio,

Until last April, and during many years, I was using a Nikon Coolscan II,
wich produced 23 Mb TIF files, at 1:1 scale, and 2700 ppp.
Then I changed to a 5000ED, which gives about 123 Mb TIF files, at 1:1
scale, 4000 ppp and 16 bits..
The difference is outstanding, and I'm enjoying as a child with his new toy.

I use Velvia 100 and 100F, in the last 3 or 4 years, after a long time using
Kodak EPP.
As yourself, I used this Kodak one as a memory of the marvelous Kodachrome
25 and 64 I used in the 70's and 80's.
Now I'm getting again the satured curves that gave me Kodachrome, so much
time ago ;-)

You're right, Flavio, we met previously in the Leica User Forum: I remember
your Montefioralle urban landscape and Maldives sunsets.
Leica World... !
Marc