[LRFlex] Re: Happy Snaps: Spike's Breakfast

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:11:35 -0800

Douglas Herr said:

Yup, full aperture. I'm enjoying being able to use slower films in forested enviornments but as you mentioned the DOF is less than negligible.<<<
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/mammals/spike.jpg<<<<

Hi Doug,
But is this not an asset to the lens? It's super shallow depth keeps otherwise "sharp objects" out of focus so they do not distract from the main subject? Plus a faster lens and as you say, allows for slower ASA films. ERGO: better reproductions.

I mean, your pictures with the 400 6.8 and 560 6.8 ? wide open use this next to nothing depth of field to fine use time after time. So do you find better or not so better out of focus areas with the 400 2.8 wide open?

ted

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm