[LRflex] Re: Full Frame Canon (Cheaper model) Announced

Tom, Douglas:

I read somewhere that it *can* be used for normal photography, but that it=
 is more expensive, and yields poorer results than the 20D. It is truly a=
 special purpose camera.

David.

----

On 23/08/2005 at 7:32 PM Douglas Sharp wrote:

>Tom,
>I've read quite a few articles about it, all they mention is that more
>of the red end of the spectrum is let through, and that it is possible
>to compose on the
>back screen. As far as I can gather this is in a special mirror lock-up
>mode bypassing the CF-card electronics.
>Not once did anyone mention whether the camera is also suitable for
>"normal" photography.
>cheers
>Douglas

>Thomas Schofield asked:
>
>>Does the 20Da work fine for non-Astro photography as well?

>>Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx> wrote:

>>Charles,
>>they all do that, whatever the price. I believe the only exception is
>>the Canon 20Da, specially made for astronomical photography.

David Young,
Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt