[LRflex] Re: Friday Fruit (use to be flowers)

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:36:03 -0700

We call them Oregon Grape, but who knows what they are called elsewhere.

I really like the composite approach for macro when the subject is not
moving.  It gives the sharpness more depth w/o changing the
background/foreground too much, like what happens sometimes when you stop
down to 22 or so.  When the conditions are right, it works great.  Stop down
to about 5.6 or so and shoot at many planes of focus until you cover what
you want to be in focus.  Background still soft and smooth.  I find myself
using it more and more.  Is that cheating?

Aram