[LRflex] Re: For the gear-heads amongst us....

  • From: "Robert Langjahr" <rlangjahr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:58:06 -0700

David,

I just knew you were having fun !

If you and Gary T. keep up all the raving (and fabulous pictures) about the E3 I may have to sell my RF's and join the party.

I am looking foreword to seeing some fantastic wildlife photo's from you this spring. After the kitchen remodel of course.

Glad you are happy !.

Bob

At 16/03/2008, you wrote:
David, The main thing I see is you are finally having fun again !.

Great photo's, thanks for posting. I like both !.

Bob

Hi Bob!

Good to hear "your voice"!

Thanks... I *am* having fun... and for the first time in a long time. The Canon 30D is a fine camera, for most people and most uses, but the finder isn't "up to snuff" - at least not for my ageing eyes - when it comes to manual focusing long, slow lenses.

As I mentioned to Aram, the finder in the E3 is the closest thing I've seen to the R8 .. good enough to manually focus the 400 Telyt with 1.4x converter attached! As also mentioned, the image quality is very close to the DMR ... and that's something I like!

Now all I need is:

a) to finish the DIY kitchen reno that is currently underway.
b) have the snow leave the back roads. and
c) get some time to get out with the birdies!

Then, I will be a happy camper, indeed!

Cheers