[LRflex] For Nevin

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 07:36:02 -0800

Good Mornin' Nevin!

Like Philippe, I owe you a belated welcome to this list. I have been too busy with other projects, of late, and am only now catching up on list mail.

I have enjoyed reading your interesting and well written posts. I hope, somewhere along the line, we will get to see some of the fruits of your SL standard, R3 & R4.

Although I was a Nikon man for the first 25 years of my photographic life, I moved to the R3 in the early/mid 80's, and never looked back. In the intervening years, I've gone through the R5, R6, R8 and, briefly, and R9.... the last two with a DMR. Now, after a disastrous incident in Solms (you don't want to know!) I am using my Leica glass on an Olympus E3 along with a couple of Oly lenses. As the McDonald's ad says "I'm lovin' it!

I do need to correct one factual error in Philippe's last post.

He said: "Long live Leica reflexes and David's (our) list."

The first part, I agree with. However, this is our list, not mine. I do much of the administrative work, it's true. But the list owner is Xavier ... a quiet Parisian, with a quick mind. a good "eye" and a ready smile. But others have run this list before us, and, eventually, others will run it after us. The list is what we make of it, and I suppose my greatest disappointment is that of our 300+ members, most of the contributions comes from 10% of the members.

This is a great forum, with a lot of knowledge to share. It's good to "hear" your voice. Thanks for introducing yourself and joining the "fray". :-)

Cheers!

David.