From: Barney Kahn <thekahnman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: leicareflex Digest V1 #200
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:39:05 -0800 (PST)

I think the "F" mode would be great for fast snap shot
type of pictures using a flash set in the manual mode.
 Even so, there's probably a better way to do portable
flash.

Now, about using studio flash....

I finally got around to asking my local Leica sales
rep about the "F" (Flash) mode for my R9.  Her answers
are below.  At the same time, I relized that it would
be much easier and quicker to use a portable flash
meter so I went out and bought a Sekonic L-358.

While in "F" mode using studio flash equipment to get my Flash Meter Readings.....

1.  Do I push the shutter button to take the picture
while still in "F" mode            Yes...

2.  Is "F" mode ONLY for taking flash readings
                                        NO..., It puts
you in TTL Mode for commercial Flash

3.  or do I have to go from "F" mode "M" (Manual) mode
(once I have my meter reading) to take the picture?
NO ? Stay in ?F? Mode

(I do understand that I have to push down on the depth
of field preview button to set off the flash to get
reading while in "F" mode) You are operating properly