[LRflex] Re: Fall Colours

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 07:38:35 -0700

Chris wrote:

As always a detailed, informed and well reasoned response. I can agree
with all of your criteria but would add I'd be looking for a good deal
of compatibility with existing R lenses. I think that may have been
implicit in your response.

All the best, Chris B

G'Mornin' Chris!

Yes, a high degree of compatibility with my existing glass is paramount.

If we assume that there is to be a mount change, for whatever reason, I would expect an adapter of some sort, which will run my existing glass in Aperture priority mode (the only mode I ever use - and the simplest one with which to make an adapter work). I would not expect an adapter to run all modes and features, as it would make an adapter too complex and thus, unreliable. But unlike the adapters on my Canon's, I would expect the automatic diaphragm to work.

If they produce a camera which is not compatible with existing glass, I will not buy. I simply do not have the funds to buy a new array of lenses.

Sorry... I should have been more clear.

Also, if they produce one priced substantially above the M8, I will have to think long and hard if I could be tempted. At the pace digital changes, I would not be keen to spend much more than $5000 on a body, of any kind, unless I was able to write it off as a pro... something I am not, and thus cannot do.