[LRFlex] Re: FW: R4s

  • From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:24:58 -0500

Duchan:

For the most part it's the glass, although a very few of the R glass isn't that good. For example the Leica R fisheye which I own, (made by Minolta) doesn't quite compare to my Pentax fisheye. So out comes the Spotmatic from time to time. Don't discard your K1000!

To me the R8 body is a joy to use, and I now prefer it to any of the other 35mm SLRs that I own. I also have an SL but find that I hardly ever use it. It's just my preference... I know that others prefer the SL over other Leica R cameras.

Can't help you with the in-between models, I went directly from the SL to the R8.

Regards,

Jim Hemenway

I'm interested in purchasing a Leica SLR, had a look at a R4s model, am wondering how Leica SLRs compare to a non-Leica SLR. Is it altogether an issue of lenses? (I am now using a Pentax K1000). Would definitely appreciate feedback pertaining to your experience with R4s. By the way, why is there an "s" attached to the 4?

Thanks,
Duchan
Darmstadt, Germany