[LRflex] Re: Elk --- OOPS!

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:33:08 -0700

Xavier wrote:

In fact, I tend to prefer this one. Porbably because the "panache" (horns) are along the diagonal right hand lower to left upper.

May be because the horns are occupying a good 1/3 of image.

In fact the balance seems better in this crop.

But we are nibling, obviously the Mammal is wonderfully captured.

Thanks, Xavier!

Myself,I have some skepticism about the cmbination Digilux+Tamron SP + Zoom, to achieve such a long focal. Except when setting to f 11, but then the view finder is pretty dark.

Most zoom lenses do not like to be used with 2x converters... although the 80~200/f4 Vario Elmar is an exception. I have achieved phenomenal results with it, at full aperture!

I have tried the Leica Lens you possess on the Digilux 3 (Thanks to Double Expo, Paris). It was all right from F8 . I mean below, the images had edges which were about to smear away in the pixels.

Will you please send me a jpg (off list) which shows this? I get very good results with the Telyt, on the LeiCanon and the DMR, both of which have larger sensors than the D3. Therefore, you should not see any "smearing" as the 4/3rds sensor is right in the 'sweet spot" of the lens. I would like to see this problem for myself!

That being said, I do get some Chromatic Aberration with the 2x and the Telyt ... but this is not surprising, for now I am magnifying that "sweet spot" by 2x.