[LRflex] Edited : Photo fair of Paris 2011, MHO easier to read

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 08:31:36 +0200

> Good Day Flexers.

It's for me a great joy to roam in the photo fair in Paris, first to discover
some new models of just to put my paws on a camera/lens. Often in shops they
are quite reluctant to show their stuff!

However, I had a good time on the stand Olympus where this chap showed me the
EP3:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/salon/L1090284_dev.jpg

The camera is pleasant although a bit complex, the touch screen does not really
help in the ergonomy, I think I prefered the EP2.

But the camera itself looks nice :

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/salon/L1090283_dev.jpg

I suppose that the EP4 will have an integrated viewFinder, on the side of the
camera, let's wait 6 months to get a dwarfed Digilux3 on micro 4/3.

It was sad to find out no lenses for the four thirds, not even the E5 was
presented. Sigma, Sanyang,Tamron had no lenses for the Olympus mount. The micro
fourthirds has overtook the market.

I had the surprise to discover a new provider in the domain:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/salon/L1090280_dev.jpg

For me, they were more involved into laundry machines or Rail and Signaling
products (they are a direct competitor of Thales France, my client).

Then I went to Nikon where they offered "clean sensor while U wait" :

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/salon/L1090287_dev.jpg

And finally this chap introduced me to the latest mirror less Nikon V1:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/salon/L1090289_dev.jpg

Without surprise, both body and lenses are produced in China, where the
Tsunami/Earthquake has not destroyed manpower and tools....The V1 is really
annoying, after a picture is taken, an hour glass like is displayed in the
electronic viewfinder. A pain, but the EVF is on par with the GH2 by Panasonic.

I don't like EVF, it's a question of habit, I guess. Finnally, I could play at
a stand where they offered lighting solutions for small objects:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/salon/L1090290_dev.jpg

All images are produced by Digilux 3 and the Olympus 35mm Macro at full
aperture. The combination is not outdated, me think. Thanks for looking!