[LRFlex] Re: DSLR for Hannover - Sunday afternoon

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:01:12 +0100

Gary,
I'm using a Canon, depending where you are, Digital Rebel, EOS 300D or KISS. At the moment the cheapest, and as a Canon with respect to lens adaptation capability most versatile DSLR. I'm so impressed with it that I'm already thinking of upgrading to a 20D.
The lenses are mounted with a Novoflex Leica-R to EOS adapter. I'm also using a selection of
M42, Contax and T2 to EOS adapted lenses in addition to the Leica optics. It's great fun trying to find out which
lenses produce what kind of results on a DSLR. Fiddling about with open focussing and then stopping down to meter
isn't as bad as it sounds, you get used to it very quickly, the only thing I'm missing is a really wide lens.
What I have noticed is that camera shake also increases in proportion to the crop factor, I didn't think about this
at first but it's a logical conclusion. The formula of shutter speed=focal length as a guideline needs to be adjusted
to shutter speed = (focal length x 1.6)for the EOS 300D.
cheers
Douglas

Gary E schrieb:

Douglas,

Your DSLR photos look really good and even with the
crop factor your 21mm still seems wide. I don't
recall, but what DSLR are you using? I've seem some
adapters out there for Canon's which I wanted to try,
but the stop down metering and moving the aperture to
focus and to taking aperture seems like more of a pain
than I'm willing to go about for a seudo Leica DSLR. But as an alternative...

The Modul R would not be a reality for me as my
current lenses are 2 cams for my SL, so I would have
to start from scratch.

Thanks,
Gary

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:49:22 +0100
From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] Hannover - Sunday afternoon

Still trying out Leica glass on the DSLR.
Sunday afternoon was more or less perfect weather for
a walk around Hannover's lake (Maschsee).
A couple of shots of the lake, with the ancient and
modern bits of the skyline and a couple of bronze lions too.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Maschsee
Leica 21/4
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Maschsee2
Leica 35/2
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/L_wen Canon EF-S 18-55 at 55mm
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Maschsee3
Canon EF-S 18-55 at 55mm

The glass palace is a new bank headquarters, the thing
with the dome is the "New" Rathaus.
All a bit touristy/postcardy but they show a pleasant
bit of where I've lived for the past 30 years.

Douglas

Ihre bevorzugten Shops, hilfreiche Einkaufs-Hilfen und großartige Geschenk Ideen. Erleben Sie das Vergnügen online einzukaufen mit Shop@Netscape! http://shopping.netscape.de/shopping/