  Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:46:28 -0700
From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: DM-R Adventure
Alan Siegel moaned:

>The camera was mounted on a tripod and after 5 or 6 shots nothing
>happened when I pushed the shutter button, except I noticed the EV
>reading on the back would show EV 0.0 after I pushed the shutter
>button. I had plenty of battery power left, but I tried the
>following steps to get it working again.
>
>I turned it off and on several times,I recharged the battery, and
>replaced the SD card with another, nothing I did made any difference.

<<snip>>

>  My concern is will it happen again, and if so, how often.

Good Mornin' Alan!

I cannot say that I've had your situation, but it is definitely a
contact problem.  I say this because on several occasions, during
"show and tell", I've popped the back off to show how you can still
put film in the R8.  When I put it back together, it fails to work
about 2/3rds of the time!  Doing as you did, just turning it off,
reseating the back and (often) winding the film lever, has always got
it going again.  I've never had it fail, once working, until I did
'show and tell" again, or was removing the back to clean the sensor
(like you, with a blower, no brush).  Then, one or two 're-seats"
seems to do the trick.

I'm going to experiment with some contact preservative I have (about
$75 for 1 fl. oz.) and will report to the list as to whether it makes
any difference or not.

Sorry to hear of your problem, but inquiring minds want to
know...  who IS your dealer?  He sounds like a gem!

Cheers!

---

David Young,
Logan Lake, CANADA

alansiegle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

View my photographs by visiting my Homepage at-
http://homepage.mac.com/alansiegle