[LRflex] Re: Camera Choice Advice Sought

I would personally not pay the extra premium for a R6.2, the R6 is one half the
cost !

I've not had an R6.2, but have had 3 R6 bodies at one time or another and did
not find them to be any more reliable than the electronic bodies. Yes you can
shoot without batteries, but batteries are cheap and last a long time
[normally]. The best R body I've ever had was a used R4 which was still going
strong after 7 years when I traded it. I would probably go for a R7 if you want
a smaller body to accompany your R8. Or, better still, a good used SL :)