[LRflex] Re: Burnin' desire...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 07:57:08 -0700

At 26/03/2008, you wrote:

Cool, or should I say Hot. Hey, I expected to see snow still up there. We have some in the forecast today. Amazing. Orchards starting to bloom and we might get snow. I remember my first year of teaching I was coaching track. Towards the end of March we were on our way to the first track meet in Ritzville and we were driving through a few inches of snow that had fallen the night before.

Aram

Good Mornin' Aram!

Your orchard shots are great ... though they make me realize just how far we are from spring. The older shot ...

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/iced_apple_buds_gfgmag.jpg.html>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/iced_apple_buds_gfgmag.jpg.html

is absolutely gorgeous!  Thanks for dredging it up!

As for snow, here... well, it's mostly gone ... the lawns are bare, but it's still too cool to allow them to turn green. We had a spell, a few weeks back, where temperatures went above freezing for a couple of weeks, hitting 12C (54 degrees in the USA) by day. Then, winter returned. It's been cool (-4C at 8 AM), but very little snow ... although we had 5cm (2 inches) a week ago, Sunday, and we received a light "dusting" of snow, each of the last three nights.

Thanks again, for sharing your vision of spring! Can ours be far behind?