[LRflex] Re: Burnin' desire...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:02:16 -0700

On Mar 25, 2008, at 5:55 PM, David Young wrote:
Steve exhorted us all to go out and use our cameras... and I always (well, almost always) do what Steve says...

I hope not  David...

   :-)

Tomorrow, they're going to do a "controlled burn" in order to remove fuel from any potential forest fire... and thus preserve the town.

With the epidemic of the Mountain Pine Beetle infestation, we now have thousands of a new species ... the Canadian Orange Pine. These of course, are tinder dry, and represent a fire hazard the likes of which we've never seen before.

Today, they were out, creating a fire break, so that if tomorrow's planned burn (weather permitting) were to get out of hand, there is a break before it hits the trees.

good luck...

Three quick shots, of today's efforts are at:

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/burn.htm

 excellent especially I think the first...

Steve

Comments, criticism welcome, as always...

best,
Steve

kididdoc@xxxxxxx

"I never wanted to be famous"