[LRflex] Re: Burnin' Desire .. Part Two

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:59:56 -0700 (PDT)

David
Again nice set of shots. The last one in the series really caught my eye.
David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All:

I have replaced one shot, with two more pix from the "Controlled
Burn", which took place, yesterday. The burn, for the first while,
was anything but controlled, for a large section of grasslands, which
they expected to take 2 hours to burn, went up, in flames, in just
over 12 minutes! Kept them really busy, for a while!

In both these shots, the day was considerably more overcast, and
dull. In the woods, sufficient exposure was needed, to handle the
smoke and dull light, that the highlights were blown, rather
badly. However, as they were in the flames, I think it works, rather well.

The last shot, shows the foresters, with nature's fire truck at their
side... snow.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/burn.htm

BTW: the chap in the first two shots, wearing the red jacket, is the
"fire boss", Hugh Murdoch. Proving, once again, that "Hugh, and only
Hugh, can prevent forest fires"..... ;-)

Thanks for looking. C&C appreciated, as always.

Regards
YXAndy