[LRflex] Re: Brule

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:26:43 -0700

At 20/10/2007, you wrote:
David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/Brule.htm

Do you have a version of this photo w/o the tree on the left? I find it detracts from an otherwise gorgeous photo because it's so out of focus.

Hi Doug!

Sadly, no. I tried to crop it, but if cropped enough to eliminate the tree, so much of the "fall colours" are lost that the shot does not look like much more than the usual shot of an ordinary mountain.

Of course, here is also a difference of opinion. I felt the tree gave the shot a sense of "depth". However, that's just me, and I admit to being a "wee bit" odd!

From where I took the shot, it was not possible to get a clear shot, without the tree ... in fact, this is the minimal amount of foreground tree from three different shots, taken in the nearby area.

Sigh....

Here is a square crop, which does what you want, but it doesn't "turn my crank".

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/Brule2.htm

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.