[LRflex] Re: Breathing easier, now.

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 15:19:55 -0800

At 04/02/2009, you wrote:

David

Your experience is scary. At best I rely on two copies (HD and DVD). I
see no easy solution.

Chris, Philippe:

Easy, no.  But it can be done!

Personally, I would be fearful, of having just two... even more fearful of having one of them a hard-drive, for they hold a whole LOT of photos... and if it dies, you could lose years worth of photos! At least with DVDs, you only lose two to three hundred.

As you might imagine, I am now in the process of reading all my old discs and checking to see if they're OK. So far, so good. :-)

There's a lot to be said, for old negatives, kept in a dark, dry place! Why, just 10 months ago, I had a lovely 16x20" print made from a 1973 Agfachrome. I sometimes wonder if I'll be able to do the same for a nearly 40 year old digital image!