[LRflex] Re: Breathing easier, now.

  • From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:16:10 +0100

Guilherme:
*Besides the total capacity around 25 gb or more, a blu ray disc uses the
external part for imprinting the information, think like a very smaller
filter than dvd, so you do not have problems with laser dispersion or disc
inclination that happens with dvd and makes it difficult or impossible to
read.*

I wouldn`t agree. Blu-Ray uses laser of different wavelenght (blue/violet
instead of red). Violet laser beam is thinner and can record more date on
the same surface.

More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc  and:
http://www.server-management.co.uk/viewpoints/654

As for archival properties: