[LRflex] Billboards - Take Two...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 08:45:58 -0700

Good Sunday Morning, to you all!

Thank you, to the many who took the time to respond to me, off list.

It is curious that while some people like one image, they definitely dislike
another.  Yet the preferred images are just about even!

Several comments were made about the third image, so I re-took it, this
morning, employing some flash, to lighten the chairs, and (I hope) make the
shot more appealing.

The idea is to make the viewer imagine he was in those chairs, enjoying the
sunrise/sunset.  Not sure if it works.

I blew the shot, however, and followed my tendencies to move in close.  (As one
of my heroes, Robert Capa, once said "If your pictures aren't good enough...
you're not close enough".)  So, the image is only good for a 12x24' billboard.
But it gives you the idea.

The new one is the fourth (bottom) shot, at:

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/BB1.html

Comments & criticism greatly appreciated.

David.