[LRflex] Re: Bighorns

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:48:36 -0700

Bob Palmieri wrote:

David Young showed:
<http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/RMBS.htm>http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/RMBS.htm

I'd say you could sell a few of these to the Bighorn Himself as Most Favored Official Portrait!

Good Mornin' Bob!

If I have any disappointments about this shot, Bob, it's that the Ram is fairly young and has not yet developed a "full curl" in his horns. He's handsome, but not gorgeous. [Sigh.] Now, my Wapiti (Elk), shown the other day, was an absolutely gorgeous creature, but the light, and his willingness to strike a "perfect pose", were not in the equation that day.

(Some days you get the bear ... some days the bear gets you....)

But, as Doug pointed out, the light was good, and the Ram decided to stop moving and pose, for just a few seconds ... but it was long enough!

In this shot, focus was aided by the new Focus Confirmation (Leica R to Canon) adapter, which works (sporadically) with the Telyt 400 in *really* bright light ... but when it works , it's perfect!

Also, I came across your Double Damselfly shot the other day - another excellent catch.

My, you **are** digging through the mouldy oldies, aren't you....  ;-)

Thanks,  both for your kind words and for taking the time to look!