[LRflex] After the 4/3 battle.... filter advice seeked

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 19:29:53 +0200

Hello to all.

You had some wonderful exchanges during this week about the 4/3 and the life,
universe and everything :)

If only Leica could come up with a reflex which has the tradition dials (speed
dial, aperture dial) like we have on the M8 and Digilux3. Sorry for being soooo
conservative but I look for a camera that does not match every one's: the
Digilux3 is suited for that purpose, in my eye.

If the next Reflex of Leica has a great look and is built on the M8 digital
processing & sensor, if it has the ergonomics of the M8 (simple and efficient),
I'll be a buyer, especially if it has a backward compatibility with the R
lenses.

Still wainting for my vario-elmar: Sonya at the Leica factory had the green
light to ship me a "replacement Digilux". That's what the shop manager at
Maison du Leica said. No clue for what it means, probably an ex-demo lens.
Who has an idea for what may represent the Hoya filter UV PRO Digital?
here is link to the big bay:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/NEW-HOYA-PRO1-D-Digital-72-72mm-UV-0-Filter-DMC-THIN_W0QQitemZ280230780418QQihZ018QQcategoryZ30066QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As per Phil (Amard) advisory tip, it is better to protect the front lens of the
Vario Elmar (the new one yet to come), I thought of that filter, preparing the
future :)
---------------------------------Xavier F. BILLE Maisons-Alfort - France.