[LRflex] Re: Aeroplane buffs

  • From: <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 8:35:38 -0400

Neil,
     Cutting down the rear fuselage for the bubble canopy upset the
flow over the fin and rudder, and increased drag.  The stability
was helped by a dorsal fin, but pilots who flew both prefered the
older one.  While you could still get them, the straight backed C's
B's were the ones to get for air racing.
    Charlie.