[LRflex] Re: A pat on the back...

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:52:52 -0700

On Apr 28, 2006, at 8:40 AM, David Young wrote:

> I notice in the photo credits you're listed under VIREO, which I am
> assuming is the stock agency you use (or used).
>
> I've thought of offering some of my better stuff to a stock agency,
> but I do not yet have a body of work sufficient to warrant
> that.  Perhaps in another year.  With this in mind, may I be so bold
> as to ask a few questions?
>
> [1] Are you still using VIREO?
>
> [2] if yes, you've obviously found them satisfactory. If not, who are
> you using now?

Davd, VIREO is the image bank operated by the Philadelphia Academy of
Natural Sciences.  They only have a dozen or so of my photos, so one
can't expect too much!  I'm working with a couple of other stock
agencies too, and to be honest I've gotten more sales from my own
website than from all the agencies combined (not that I'm going to
retire on the income, mind you...  )

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com