[LRflex] Re: A lot of Bull...

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 21:13:56 +0100

Wonderful David !
Ho, the privilege of having a well equipped talented photog in a marvellous environment.
Superb shot - I can feel the wind and the biting cold - brrrr!
And you were right to post it larger too.
Amitiés
Phili^^e, the happy lister from Metz

David Young wrote:

Last January, we were in Jasper Park, for some skiing with the family.

As we headed out of the park, we spotted some bull Elk, near the Airport, and I stopped to try my luck. The temperature was around -30C, with a 50km/hr wind gusting to -80kph, so I didn't stop long!

One shot, however, was interesting.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/BullElk2.html

I normally post smaller images, but this one simply didn't look right, at 800 pixels wide! It still loses a lot, compared to the Tif file. :-(

OT Gear: Oly E3 w/Oly 50~200mm + 1.4x. (Sorry, but I wasn't about to fight with MF in those conditions!)

C&C welcomed, as always.

David Young, Logan Lake, CANADA

Limited Edition Prints at: www.furnfeather.net <http://www.furnfeather.net/> Personal Web-site at: www.main.furnfeather.net <http://www.main.furnfeather.net/>