[LRflex] Re: A few fireworks shots

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 08:49:01 -0700

At 7/7/2009, you wrote:
We could not attend the local fireworks display this year, so had to settle for a long distance view from our deck, with trees and houses in the way. Mounted the 180/4 on the Rebel XTi and shot away. Got a few that look pretty good to my eye. Cropped, the vertical more than the others. All shot at f-11 and 8 seconds of exposure.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/4th/>

G'Mornin' Aram!

At least you got to see your fireworks! On Canada Day (July 1st) we were driving home, from our fair, and got to see only the last few from our deck. Always nice, but no chance of photography. :-(

At least, on the 4th, we got to watch Boston's display...

Of the three, I like the vertical shot, cropped, or not.

If I may ask ... what ISO were you using?

Thanks for sharing. :-)

David Young
Logan Lake, BC

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net