[LRflex] Re: 24mm Elmarit-R

  • From: Chris L <speleo_karst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:43:44 -0700 (PDT)

From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Chris L wrote:

> BTW: A repairman I contacted about a CLA for my SL2 maintains that an SL
focussing
> screen will not fit..  !!!???

Yes and no... one of my SL2 bodies has a modified SL screen in it.  The
difference between the SL screen and the SL2 screen is the mask for the
aperture and shutter speed readouts in the viewfinder.  If your repair
technician can swap the masks a screen from the SL can be used in the SL2,
no problem (and it looks GLORIOUS!).

Sigh!

If it hadn't been for the pond, I would have sprung for one of the SL2s you
were selling...

The estimate for my SL2 CLA is nearly as much (without an SL screen)!

Chris