Yosemite 5-22-09

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 18:38:53 -0700

As you've already heard from boB, we took a road trip to Yosemite last Friday. Yosemite always has so much stuff to photograph, one's brain gets scrambled! We phutzed around and finally ended up in the high country (8000 feet), Tuolumne Meadows. The road was just opened on Wednesday. It is usually closed from snow until June so we lucked out. The spring snow melt flooded Tuolumne Meadows and Tuolumne River was raging. It is normally 1/10th what it is right now and you can usually walk throughout the meadow.

After the high country, we went down to Yosemite Valley (4000 feet) and ended up photographing Ahwahnee Meadow which looks over to Yosemite Falls. You can normally walk throughout Ahwahnee Meadow but right now it is flooded. This makes for some very lush and colorful grasses.

Here are a few photos from our trip. I hope you enjoy them, comments are very welcome.

http://www.visualimpressions.com/Yosemite_Road_Trip_5-22-09/index.html

PS... we will be going back for another dose on June 5th. These are long days, 6am - 10pm. 500+ miles. But lots of fun.

PPS... Sorry about no Leica equipment. I have an M6 and an R7 plus a gaggle of lenses but for these trips, I shoot full frame Canon and large format. It takes a few weeks for me to process and scan the LF, and then get it up on my web site, so my only choice, in order to be current, is to post my digisnaps.

:-)

Jim