RE: Why not...SHADOW SIDE LIGHT!

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 06:11:14 -0800

Jim Brick showed:

http://www.visualimpressions.com/Friday%20flowers/Friday_flower_1.jpg<<<<<

Hi Jim,

Certainly why not! It has far more going for it than many we see. The
difference between this flower photograph and so many posted is....... This
is shot from the "SHADOW SIDE!"

No the shadow side isn't always possible as an angle of light, but once a
photographer is locked into observing the light acting upon their subject,
any subject, and they begin to see and use the shadow side wherever
possible, it's enhancement is going to improve the look of their pictures!

I realize some of you tire of me banging heads about shooting from the
shadow side.. that's your problem. However, as seen in some posted results,
there's a bunch of folks who've obviously taken heed and watch for it and
make use of it.

Look, it doesn't have to be some glaring banging you in the face light! Even
on overcast days one can usually find the "SHADOW SIDE" quite often in a
very subtle fashion. But the slight enhancement makes the difference between
a "WOW photo" and an "oh yeah nice exposure!"

Thanks Jim for the posting and illustrating the shadow side. :-)

ted