WTB: DR or Rigid Summicron mount

  • From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:32:44 -0700 (PDT)

Wanted to Buy:

Does anyone have a DR Summicron with missing, broken, or otherwise unusable glass? If so, would you be willing to sell it to me for a reasonable price? You can keep the lens head. Appearance doesn't matter as long as the mount works well.

WHY: The DR Summicron is one of my favorite lenses. Unfortunately, it can't be used on the M8 without cutting off the close-focus cam. I would rather not do that to the original mount. So I am hoping to pick up a second compatible mount that I could get "altered" for the M8.

What also might work: A Rigid Summicron mount whose original lens head had the number "19" scratched somewhere on the black inner barrel (only visible if you unscrew the lens head). This would probably work without alteration. But given conflicting information I've received about compatibility, I'd want to try a Rigid mount before committing to buy it.

Yes, I know I could sell my DR and buy a Rigid, but would rather not. Yes, I've been watching That Auction Site.

Thanks!
--Peter