Rainy morning - minimalist flash

Hand-held strobes have gotten a lot of press in the last few years. The idea is to get the main-light strobe off the camera and create a more natural look, supplementing the ambient light.

My fiancee's car had an interesting pattern of light and water across the hood, but I wanted more light on the side away from the morning sun:
http://tinyurl.com/ayx4cd

There's a small hotspot I don't like, and my thought was to put a small diffuser on the strobe. But I like the way the light pattern leads your eye from front to back.

Anyway, all comments welcome.

Mark Bohrer
Active Light Photography
www.mountain-and-desert.com