Re: OT: Peter's Symphony preview article

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 15:40:51 -0700

Is Eddie Murphy involved?

Sorry... bad joke!

;-)

Jim

On May 31, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Peter Klein wrote:

The Seattle Symphony is currently presenting a "Coming to America" festival, featuring music of composers who came here from other countries. I just wrote an article about the rediscovery of a piece that was thought lost, written by seven important composers, six of them European composers in exile in Hollywood during WWII. A fascinating story, with some Agatha Christie-ish overtones. I'm hearing the piece tonight. It was recorded a few years back, but this is the first time it's being performed "live" since its one and only performance in 1945.

http://www.jtnews.net/index.php?/news/item/4410/C48/

--Peter