Re: New Image

  • From: wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 06:35:19 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>A male, Pine Grosbeak ... a common sight in the Eastern Rockies.
>
>http://www.main.furnfeather.net/nab_grosbeak(male).htm

I'm impressed with what you've been able to do with the 400 f/6.8 & extender on
this camera body.  This photo looks a bit soft, you might be pushing its
capabilities as far as it can go.

The lighting looks like the sun was low on the horizon right behind your back.
I'm not a big fan of this direct lighting, however birds rarely give an
opportunity to use anything other than what we're given.  The bark of the tree
in the background is very bright and is competing for my attention with the
bird; I'd like to have seen a duller or less-prominent background.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com