Re: Nathan's PAD 31/5/2010: Memorial Day

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 13:51:49 -0700

Nathan mon ami,
An incredibly emotional Memorial Day photograph. Its so moving of
sorrow,sadness, act's of sheer stupidly of man kind one unto the other. We've
all seen flag pictures on Memorial Day or in the case of Canada Remembrance
Day, but I don't think I've ever seen one with such impact as this!

Thank you for posting because it creates such an emotional impact where we can
relate to the fact each and every flag represents a fallen human being,
possibly a father, brother, husband, son or daughter, all members of your
country who gave the extreme sacrifice with their lives.

We've seen a service with a few flags and prayers are given. Yes the emotions
still run high.

However in this case words need not be said............ simply because the
visual impact is so massive it goes beyond words! So sad, because even today
new flags can be added as the world turns in it's stupid destructive turmoil of
death and destruction today.
Thank you for such a moving and memorial photograph.
Dr. ted