Mt. Hamilton Road

  • From: Mark Bohrer <markbohrer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, digitalusersgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:43:57 -0800

Yesterday we headed up Mount Hamilton Road to see Lick Observatory, thanks to a break in the steady rain. After 40 minutes on the twisty mountain road, we were turned back at Grant Ranch County Park due to snow(!) leaving no place to turn around on the narrow road ahead. A few scenes caught our eye on the way up, so we stopped to photograph them on the way down:

Foreground ferns- cloudy sky textures:
http://tinyurl.com/aaf423

Somebody needs to repair his windmill:
http://tinyurl.com/c649uf

Wild mustard surrounded small ranches in the hills:
http://tinyurl.com/bn8mok

This bare tree anchors the flowers:
http://tinyurl.com/b4rvpa

Pat up to her rear in 'em:
http://tinyurl.com/bqrpd6

All images Leica M8, most 25mm f/2.8 Biogon T* ZM, some 50mm f/1.4 Summilux non-ASPH

All comments welcome.

Mark Bohrer
Active Light Photography
www.mountain-and-desert.com