Re: More Warsaw

  • From: "Roger Beamon" <rbeamon1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:14:37 -0700

I enjoy all your pics, Nathan. They are a travelog for me, allowing glimpses to
places that I've never seen.

Tell me, how many languages are you comfortable with and how many more can you
'get around in'? I'm in awe of multilingual people.

Roger

  Last week I had to go back to Warsaw again, this time for a quick, one-night
business trip. I flew up on Wednesday evening, went straight to a shopping mall
to buy a new shirt (as the flight attendant had spilled a bottle of red wine on
me during the flight), slept in the same hotel where I stayed the previous
week, and then took care of the business I needed to take care of on Thursday
morning, all of 1/2 hour. The rest of the day, until heading back to the
airport in the evening, I had the time to check out some places and
neighbourhoods which I had skipped during my earlier trip, chief among them the
PawÄ…zki cemetery and the Praga neighbourhood, a curious mix of working class
housing and funky art galleries and cafés.

  In many ways, I think I like the pictures from this day better than the ones
from the previous four-day trip. But judge for yourself:

  http://www.frozenlight.eu/warsaw072009/

  Nathan

  Nathan Wajsman
  Alicante, Spain