Re: [Leica] IMG: From Bath to hernia surgery
- From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 06:27:12 +0200
Thanks to the many of you who looked and commented on these pictures. Just a few clarifying points:
- the hernia surgery was in Alicante, two days after coming home from England. It was not an emergency, just something that needed to be done sooner rather than later. It was scheduled like this so that I would have the maximum time at home before the next trip, which is to Warsaw in about a month.
- my promotion is from Head of Service to Director of a department, making me a member of the Management Committee of our institution. One of the quirks of EU staff regulations is that a promotion does not automatically involve a raise, depending on where in the pay scale you are to begin with. In my case, there is no raise involved. Instead, I will probably have a longer workday and of course more responsibility-- but also a more varied and interesting job.
- according to the doctor, I must stay home for 2 weeks, so the planned date for return to work is June 8th. In the meantime, I am also not allowed to drive, so whatever pictures I take these days are within a few hundred metres of my house--it is hard to walk much further than that at the moment.
Finally a comment on Britain's NHS. I know it is a favourite sport to complain about it. I have never experienced it myself, but my son has during his almost 2 years in Bath, and from what he tells me, the NHS is much better than its reputation. And as a parent, I derive comfort from the knowledge that if anything happens, he has access to good and free medical care in England, no ifs and buts (he is also covered by my EU health insurance until he turns 26, so for the next 6 years he is the best-insured person in the family).
Nathan Nathan Wajsman Alicante, Spain http://www.frozenlight.eu http://www.greatpix.eu http://www.nathanfoto.com Books: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/search?search=wajsman&x=0&y=0 PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws Blog: http://www.fotocycle.dk/blog On May 28, 2009, at 9:33 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
I have had quite a week. Within the past 7 days, I have been to England, had hernia surgery, and been promoted at the office. Since my photography is about documenting my daily life, here are two little albums I just added to the LUG gallery.First, Saturday and Sunday in Bath: http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/belgiangator/bath0509/Then, Tuesday and Wednesday at the Hospital Perpetuo Socorro in Alicante. I have to warn the viewer, if looking at a fat, middle- aged guy in underwear is not your cup of tea, then perhaps you should skip this one...As always, comments and critique are welcome and appreciated. Nathan Nathan Wajsman Alicante, Spain http://www.frozenlight.eu http://www.greatpix.eu http://www.nathanfoto.com Books: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/search?search=wajsman&x=0&y=0 PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws Blog: http://www.fotocycle.dk/blog _______________________________________________ Leica Users Group. See http://leica-users.org/mailman/listinfo/lug for more information
========================================================= To Unsubscribe: Send email to leica-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field. The acknowledgment that you then receive MUST be replied to per instructions. You may also log in to the Web interface to unsubscribe.
- IMG: From Bath to hernia surgery
- From: Nathan Wajsman
- IMG: From Bath to hernia surgery
Other related posts:
- » Re: [Leica] IMG: From Bath to hernia surgery - Nathan Wajsman