Re: IMG: Weekend Wildlife

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 13:27:52 -0400

Gary Pinkerton wrote:

Ha, love the YH blackbird, looks like quite a character !
<<<

Ric Carter wrote:

these seem to have a slightly different look than your usual, though I
still enjoy them--the wren especially--the bug and textures of the
tree along with the nice cover of the wren color
<<<

Thanks Ric, a photo of the wren at the nest hole has been particularly
challenging for me.  The contrasting textures of the bird and tree trunk
make it difficult to get the bird to stand out and to get the bird in
focus!  An overcast morning softened the tree trunk texture but
unfortunately also lengthened my shutter speeds and with a wren that can be
a problem!

David Young wrote:

All good, of course.  But the Yellow Headed Blackbird is just great!
How did you get him to let you that close?  A blind?
<<<

In this case my truck was my blind, but this particular bird was especially
approachable.  I was able to get out of the truck and walk toward him as he
moved among the fence posts along the road.

Thanks all for looking, and for your comments.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.ocm