Re: IMG: Fair Diana

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:31:01 -0700

Definitive answers on silvery moons here:
http://tinyurl.com/4wacw7
http://tinyurl.com/3x4ksp

And not so silvery:
http://tinyurl.com/4lvw54
http://tinyurl.com/4adrhq

Mark Bohrer
www.mountain-and-desert.com

Ric Carter wrote:
If you use a digital sensor instead of film, is the light of the Moon still silvery?

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/

On Sep 12, 2008, at 2:49 AM, Peter Klein wrote:

I had this impulse tonight.  I had to try it at least once. So I did.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/P91125161Moon-w.jpg.html>

E-510, Early 1980s (?) Vivitar 70-150/3.8 zoom with matching 2x teleconverter, on some rickety old 1950s tripod I've got lying around. 1/20 sec, lens set at 150mm and f/11. Effective 600mm.

--Peter