RE: Friday Flowers SonC

  • From: Gary Dalton <grdalton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 07:02:27 -0800

We have two... a tall, old pink in the back that reaches to the top of the
second story. The buds are just now forming...
And, we have a small one in the front that was planted about three-four years
ago before we moved in. I found the tag at the base and recall the name being
Camellia Japonica - 'Bob Hope.' It's allegedly bright red -- it has never
bloomed... Often planted in front of homes, Chinese believe that a red camellia
brings good luck...
I have digressed from the subject of photography...but I do hope to send shots
of the blooms in a month or so....

From: sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 08:49:24 -0600
Subject: Re: Friday Flowers SonC
To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Gary Dalton <grdalton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've never seen one of those before.... (I've lived a sheltered life, maybe...)
Love the definition of the petal layers, especially on the left...
I think they are fairly rare.  I can't take credit for it, it was here when I
bought the house.

From: sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx

Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 08:15:47 -0600
Subject: Friday Flowers SonC
To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My peppermint camellia is all abloom.

It is always the last to open in my garden, and my favorite. Hope you like it.

http://sonc.com/look/?p=2567

M9  50mm Summicron

--
Regards,