RE: Friday Flowers SonC

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:12:40 -0700

Sonny Carter said & showed:

Subject: Friday Flowers SonC

OK Sonny a great pitch to look at the picture! :-)

Best part? The shot really worked, very nice in deed! Despite the rain! :-)

ted

I slept really well last night, and when it was time to get up, I looked out
the window and it was still dark and rainy.   Tempted to call in to the
office and mumble some lame excuse so I could climb back in the still-warm
covers; Alas, I remembered that I had not shot your Friday Flowers, so I
dressed for work.

I went in and checked email, whereupon Buddy the Cat jumped in my lap for a
pet-fest.  You can't imagine how rare that is.  He usually considers that I
am only good for opening cat food and doors.  He usually gives his
opportunities to Kathy, but she's out of town, so, I guess it was any port
in a storm.  It was hard to leave my comfortable chair with a warm, loving
cat purring in my lap.

I remembered that I had some azaleas still in the camera from last week that
I did not use, and thought, "They would never know."

As I left the house I looked across at Adreen's garden, and felt guilty, so
I walked over. Her flowers were mostly hanging low from the heavy rains.

I drove to work and pulled into the parking lot.  The little dell below our
building was awash in white blooms, as the several dogwood trees had popped
last night.   I took the camera over and made this exposure:

http://www.sonc.com/friday_march_13_2009.htm

So that's the story behind how you got fresh flowers this morning despite my
wish to remain under the warm covers.

--
Regards,

Sonny