RE: Friday Flowers SonC

  • From: Gary Dalton <grdalton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:30:57 -0700

Lovely shot... Thanks for rolling out of bed and sharing...

Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:02:15 -0500
Subject: Friday Flowers SonC
From: sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx
To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I slept really well last night, and when it was time to get up, I
looked out the window and it was still dark and rainy.   Tempted to
call in to the office and mumble some lame excuse so I could climb back
in the still-warm covers; Alas, I remembered that I had not shot your
Friday Flowers, so I dressed for work.

I went in and checked email, whereupon Buddy the Cat jumped in my lap
for a pet-fest.  You can't imagine how rare that is.  He usually
considers that I am only good for opening cat food and doors.  He
usually gives his opportunities to Kathy, but she's out of town, so, I
guess it was any port in a storm.  It was hard to leave my comfortable
chair with a warm, loving cat purring in my lap.

I remembered that I had some azaleas still in the camera from last week
that I did not use, and thought, "They would never know."

As I left the house I looked across at Adreen's garden, and felt
guilty, so I walked over. Her flowers were mostly hanging low from the
heavy rains.

I drove to work and pulled into the parking lot.  The little dell below
our building was awash in white blooms, as the several dogwood trees
had popped last night.   I took the camera over and made this exposure:

http://www.sonc.com/friday_march_13_2009.htm

So that's the story behind how you got fresh flowers this morning despite my
wish to remain under the warm covers.
--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com

http://sonc.stumbleupon.com/
Natchitoches, Louisiana
USA

Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list.