Re: Christmas chores

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:26:58 -0800

Way to go Doug. You know I'd have flown over to give you a hand in the blink of an eye. But we know "flying and arriving" are really two major things when it comes to weather with snow in Europe! ;-) Certainly right now!

I see one of the Paris airports had to clear all passengers out of the terminal due to the possiblity of the roof collapsing from the weight of the snow.

I don't re-call who it was on the LUG who said he was going to fly to Paris for Christmas? I wondered if he ever made it?

If your weather is crazy there, ours is somewhat off beat also with enormous rain falls in quantity and the tempureture is 12 degress C. Around 50+ F. I'm not complaining about the temperature it can stay like that until March and really warm up!:-)

cheers,
ted

----- Original Message ----- From: "Douglas Sharp" <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx> To: "LUG" <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "LEG" <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 24, 2010 6:47 AM
Subject: IMG: Christmas chores

Hello all, and a Merry Christmas from all in snowy
Hannover.

It's supposed to be a restful season, but I've been
cutting up vegetables, beef, pork and chicken and
thawing out anchovies and prawns all morning for this
evening's fondue.

A couple of quick shots of the battlefield.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Food+and+drink/_MG_1885-2.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Food+and+drink/_MG_1891-4.jpg.html

Frauke is a great help by keeping out of my way while
I'm doing it and setting the table:-)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Food+and+drink/_MG_1887-3.jpg.html

Have a good Christmas everyone!!

Cheers
Douglas, Frauke, Florian and Posy the cat