Re: Bluedot Frustration...What Leica said

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:30:19 -0800

At 28/01/2008, you wrote:

From a Leica PDF about the 80 -200 Vario written by Mr Puts (June 2005)
'sekundäre Reflexionen tauchen fast nie auf, höchstens bei direktem Auftreffen der Lichtstrahlen aufs Frontelement.'

'Secondary reflections hardly ever appear or, at the utmost, only when rays of light are directly incident on the front element'

Looks like you got a  case of 'utmost' David

Hi Douglas!

Yup! A serious case of "the utmosts", all right! And, I'm none too fond of it!

See my post with the subject "Bluedot Frustration...The solution... I think!" for what, I now believe, is the final answer. Leica's statement and the nature of the photos in which the infamous "blue dot" appears, seem to coincide. Drat!

Cheers!
---

David Young,
Logan Lake, CANADA