Bluedot Frustration...Second update & sample.

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:09:28 -0800

All:

I keep examining old shots, looking for the now infamous "blue dot" or, more properly "Blue Smudge".

I have found about a dozen shots (which, out of 10,000+ is not a big number, but it is still annoying.

What I have determined is that, for me, it only occurs with the 80~200/4 Vario.

I get it (a) with filter, (b) with close-up lens (either Nikon or Elpro achromats) or (c) no filter. Always dead center of the frame, and always blue.

Examination of the shots shows that it never happens in bright sunlight ... only with heavy overcast, or indoors, in the shade!

A second example, featuring the fearless (?) leader of the LRflex list, Xavier, is now up, at:

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/BluRose.htm

For those who interested, but who have not seen it, the first example is available again, but the URL has changed.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/BluDot.htm

It would be nice to iron down what is causing this, and if there is anything to do, other than change lenses!

TIA.

David.

---

David Young,