Re: Bluedot Frustration...

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:48:54 -0800

Must be a Canada thing, eh...

;-)

Jim

On Jan 25, 2008, at 5:26 PM, David Young wrote:

Today, I have been shooting a couple of "collectibles" that I own, even though I don't consider myself a collector.

Every now and again, I get a blue "flash" or bright spot, in the center of my photos.

See: http://www.main.furnfeather.net/BluDot.htm

This has occurred, infrequently, with the Canon 20D, 30D and with the R8+DMR.

It seems to be lens independent, as well. I notice it most with the 80~200/4 Vario, but then, that's the lens I use the most. It has occurred indoors and out, with no correlation to the use of the lens hood. Sometimes, just shooting another frame (as I did, today, on the tripod) produces a shot without the Blue Dot Special.

My questions are:

1) am I the only person in the world, to have this problem?

2) If no, does anybody here know what causes it?  And,

3) if "yes", how do I prevent if from happening again?

Thanks for any and all help!

Cheers!
---

David Young,